Here's some feedback from artists who took part in Steps to Self-Employment last year (previously Creative Connections)
Thoroughly recommend the Creative Connections course as it gives budding artists a wealth of relevant practical knowledge and information.
We’ve met and chatted with highly successful artists who have been great role models for us to aspire to in the future.
Business skills, promotional activities and the Social Media world have been opened up to us. Incredible new world.
Having the exhibition to work towards has made the course real, given us something to focus on and given us the experience of inviting and interacting with potential customers – invaluable! We can each now put up and exhibit our work in future exhibitions in other places, events and areas.
What have you gained from the course?
- Relevant knowledge about where and how to promote artwork and running an arts based business
- How to write an artist’s CV and statement
- How to plan and set up an exhibition
- Confidence in approaching galleries and applying for opportunities
- Networking with other artists has helped build confidence and self esteem
- Have learnt all about Social Networking
- Fun and laughter
- Knowledge about who to approach
- Business ideas and information
- Useful information about the art community
- Knowing other artists have similar challenges and sharing how we overcome them
- Tax advice
- Trying Blogging and creating a Facebook presence